Thursday, August 4, 2011

Nathaniel Allen Lindell



Nathaniel Allen Lindell 303724
Age 35, born Oct 1975
Brown hair, brown eyes
6'2" tall, 180lbs
Serving a life sentence since 1998
Convicted in LaCrosse County of murder, arson, burglary
Since my conviction I've studied criminal and civil rights law, filed many lawsuits, won some. My time is spent studying writing, writing(poetry, essays, stories, plays etc), trying to maintain my physical health and mental health . I do a lot of thinking, trying to figure out myself and the ways of the world.
As a life, not eligible for parole until I turn 72, and the I'll have to do another year for a bogus battery against a guard here at WSPF, I think I try harder than those with shorter sentences to make my life meaningful. Not only do I have several well cited published legal decisions, but I have had poems published in Hummingbird (a small WI magazine) Crazyhorse,(College of Charleston lit' mag)and on various websites. I ttry to use the life I have to make the world I am part of , even the prison world, a better place. Sometimes it seems like an impossible struggle, because so many seem intent on make the world bitter , miserable, had unforgiving, probably because that's how the people making it this way feel themselves.
I would enjoy hearing from anyone I knew before I came to prison, even if you feel we didn't know each other well. There's a lot of mistakes I made, I now realize, Which I'd like to remedy, as much as possible. Best wishes to those reading this. Don't any of you be stuck with your flawed masks or ignorant pasts. Contact me if you share any of my interests, or want to help.


I would gladly break your heart
But, there are these bars
Yet, if love from me
You really want:
Babe, we'll find a way to make them part.

Nate Lindell #303724
WSPF; PO Box 9900
Boscobel, WI 53805