Saturday, April 24, 2010

John M Preston

John M Preston 0330015
464 Roper Dr
Lincolnton, NC 28092
Hi,
My name is John but everybody calls me Jay since I can remember ( there were three other Johns in my family). I live in a small resort town outside Ashville, NC in an area known as the ”Land of the Waterfalls”. It is a stunningly beautiful region that continues to amaze me even after living there for over twenty years.
I’m a 46 year old white male, 6’3”, 180 lbs. I enjoy mountain biking, back packing, whitewater and occasionally snow skiing. I’m serving an 80 month sentence for felony larceny and some lesser drug offenses- a sentence I’m about half way through. I’m now a a small minimum custody center waiting to begin the spring semester of a year -long electrical writing program, after which I hope to spend my last 24 months on work release.
Guess it would be easier to describe what I miss rather than what I like. I miss sunsets and sunrises, I miss dog collars jingling when I slam the car door. I miss watching thunder storms form my front porch, the smell of freshly turned earth and the smell of tomato leaves. I miss the smell of coffee brewing when I step out of the shower in the morning. I miss driving down a dirt road or hiking down an unmarked trail simply because I don’t know where it goes. I miss the ability to get away.
I hope to hear from anyone who wants to write.